Cedarwood essential oil is famous for its uncountable applications in health, cosmetics, housekeeping, and personal care. The pills are extracted from various Calderwood species all over the world. It is a major component in shampoos, deodorants, and cosmetics. The oils have many potential health and beauty benefits that make them a perfect home remedy for skin and hair issues.
Also, the oil is a strong insecticidal, antiseptic, antifungal, and anti-inflammatory agent and can be applied differently. Although the oil has wide industrial applications, it can be used aromatically or topically for hair growth, skin care, and aromatherapy. The oil is found to be very effective in treating sleeping and emotional disorders. It helps you fight against anxiety and depression and deodorize the air.
The market is flooded with hundreds of different types of cedarwood oils, but all of them are not 100% pure and organic. Some products contain harmful chemicals and fragrances that can damage your skin and hair. Therefore it is quite challenging to find the best Cedarwood essential oil. Taking your concern seriously, we reviewed the ten cedarwood essential oil you can buy in 2022. Plus, a buying guide, in the end, will help you decide which oil is your perfect match.
Cedarwood Essential Oils Top Picks
1. Cedarwood Essential Oil by Revive Essential Oils
Revive essential oils is one of the best essential oil brands you can go for. All the products by essentials are independently tested and approved for safe and healthy use. This Cedarwood essential oil by Revive comes in 10 ml packaging at an affordable price. It’s an all-purpose essential oil used for skincare, haircare, diffusers, and humidifiers.
Revive’s essential oils are scientifically proven to be 100% pure therapeutic grade and don’t contain any fillers or carrier oils. Since it is 100% pure, the few drops of oil can do the job effectively, giving you the best value for the money. Although you can use the oil for oily and dry skin, we recommend this oil for humidifiers or diffusers.
We found this oil exceptionally helpful in sleeping well. We added a few drops of this oil to the hot bath before sleep, and it actually helped treat insomnia. Finally, the Revive Essential Oils have instant customer service, and they respond to you quickly in a positive manner.
Cedarwood essential oil by Revive has undergone around thirty purity tests and is approved to be 100% pure and free of synthetics. We found this oil highly effective in treating sleeping disorders.
2. Nexon Botanics Organic Cedarwood Essential Oil 30 ml
Nexon Botanics Organic Cedarwood oil is a premium quality product that effectively helps with treating skin, hair, and sleep-related issues. This oil by Nexon Botanics comes in 30 ml packaging for under $10, which is very affordable considering the quantity and quality of the product. Nexon Botanics claim to make products 100% free of additives, synthetics, carrier oils, and GMOs.
This cedarwood oil is sourced from indigenous plants and packaged in the USA. The product is approved by USDA and is safe for public use. Cedarwood oil by Nexon Botanics can be used as a skincare and haircare product. You can use this oil by mixing it with any carrier oil, preferably coconut oil, to improve skin and hair health. We found this product very effective in dealing with oily skin problems.
The oil significantly reduces the acne breakouts and lightens the dark spots and acne scars if used regularly for a long period. Another exciting feature of this cedarwood oil is its analgesic properties. You can massage this oil to reduce muscle soreness and joint aches. Also, it can be used in humidifiers and diffusers for aromatherapy to deal with stress and sleeping issues.
Nexon Botanics Organic Cedarwood oils are one of the most affordable products we found. The product is the best choice for people having oily skin or an itchy scalp. It is recommended to use the oil in diluted form by mixing it with a good quality carrier oil.
3. Artizen Cedarwood Essential Oil (100% PURE & NATURAL – UNDILUTED)
Next on our list is Artizen Cedarwood oil which is the best-selling and top-rated product on Amazon. The best thing about this essential oil is that it is undiluted and contains 100% pure cedarwood oil. It comes in 30 ml packaging at a very competitive price. The Artizen products are packaged in the USA in high-quality glass bottles and come with eye droppers for ease of use.
Since the oil comes undiluted, you can dilute this product by adding other carrier oil like Lavender, Rosemary, or Coconut oils. Artizen Cedarwood oil, when used with coconut oil as a carrier, gives unbelievable benefits for the skin and hair. The oil moisturizes the scalp, reduces dandruff, and helps you get healthier hair.
Also, this oil protects the facial skin from harmful bacteria and is found very effective in treating acne vulgaris. What we loved most about this oil is its aromatherapy potential. This oil spreads a woody fragrance with warming, soothing and sedative properties when used in humidifiers and diffusers. It helps you relieve muscle aches and tiredness. Also, it is proven to be helpful in sleeping well.
Artizen Cedarwood Essential oils are extracted from indigenous plants and promise the best quality. We highly recommend this product to people facing serious skin and scalp issues like dandruff, aches, and acne.
4. SVA Organics Cedarwood Texas Essential oil 4 oz(118 ml)
SVA organic cedarwood essential oils are extracted from the Juniperus Mexicana and are loaded with beneficial properties. The oil is packaged in high-quality glass bottles in the USA and is proved to be free of synthetic components and chemical fragrances. SVA organic oil can be used on the skin and scalp. You can prepare a haircare mask by adding two drops of Cedarwood oil into two teaspoons of coconut oil.
This mixture improves circulation, balances the oil-producing gland, and hydrates the scalp leading to improved and healthier hair growth. What we loved most about this product is its ability to moisturize and hydrate the nails. We applied this product topically on the nails and observed a significant improvement in nail health.
You can add this oil in DIY maks and homemade creams to get a fresh essence. Although it is the best choice for skin, it has a weak scent that makes it a weak choice for aromatherapy. The scent doesn’t last long when used in diffusers or humidifiers. Buy this product with full confidence as the SVA organics offer a full refund or replacement if you are not satisfied with the quality.
SVA organics produce premium quality essential oils and skincare products, and their Cedarwood oil is no exception. Although it is an affordable product, it is 100% pure and flooded with organic components, making it one of the best Cedarwood essential oils.
5. rareEARTH Aromatherapy Oil, Cedarwood Atlas
rareEARTH Atlas Cedarwood oil is extracted from Indegniious Cerena Atlantica and is one of the best choices for Aromatherapy. The oil features a characteristic woody fragrance that is proven to be very helpful for sleeping and emotional wellbeing. The best thing about this oil is that it is 100% pure with all-organic components. Plus, it is packaged in the USA and meets all the quality and safety standards.
What sets this oil apart from its counterparts is its antiseptic and insect-repellent properties. You can use this oil in different ways for housekeeping. You can make DIY insect and mold-repellent oil-dipped cotton balls. Keep these cotton balls in the cupboard or kitchen cabinets to repel the insects and molds. Additionally, it has a strong and long-lasting fragrance, and therefore, it is a great choice for a deodorizer.
Add a few drops of oil to the diffuser or humidifier to deodorize the indoor environment. Plus, it has sedative properties that help you relax and sleep well. You can also use this oil topically to nourish the scalp, nails, and skin. Although it is a great nourishing agent, it is not a good option if you have oily skin. It has a thick consistency and can potentially clog the facial pores leading to acne breakout.
rareEarth Atlas Cedarwood oil is extracted from indigenous species and contains loads of organic components. It is one of the best Cedarwood essential oils with a strong woody odor and 100% organic components.
6. Gya Labs Cedarwood Essential Oil for Hair Growth, Skin Care
Gya Labs Cedarwood Essential oil comes with a strong woody smell with impressive therapeutic properties. The oil is extracted with steam distillation and is free of any synthetics components, chemical fragrances, and fillers. Since it is a 100 % pure product, only a few drops of it can produce an incredible effect offering the best value for the money. The strong woody scent of the oils makes it an ideal choice for aromatherapy.
The oil has a strong outdoorsy scent that effectively deodorizes the indoor environment. What sets this Cedarwood essential oil apart from its counterparts is its strong and long-lasting scent. Add 2-3 drops of this oil to the diffuser, and it will keep the air refreshing the whole night. The oil is sourced from Himalayan Cedarwood and helps you improve emotional health and cure sleeping disorders. Additionally, you can use the oil to treat dry skiing and scalp.
It moisturizes and hydrates the skin and improves blood circulation. The only issue we observed with this oil is that it clogged the skin pores. Therefore if you have oily skin, do not use this oil on the face as it can clog the pores leading to acne breakout. The oil is also a great choice for making closet fresheners. This oil prevents molds and mildew growth in damp and closed places and keeps the environment fresh.
Gaya Labs Cedarwood oil with exceptional therapeutic traits is one of the best cedarwood essential oils you can buy in 2022. Extracted from Himalayan Cedarwood, this oil has a characteristic woody aroma that makes it one of the best oil to cure sleeping and emotional disorders.
7. Edens Garden Cedarwood Atlas Essential Oil
Atlas Cedarwood Atlas essential oil is a premium-grade product with 100% organic components. The product has undergone many quality and purity tests and is proven to be 100% pure, giving you the best value for money. The oil is filled with woody and earthy aroma making a great choice for aromatherapy. Atlas cedarwood oils are known for dealing with emotional and sleeping disorders, and this oil is also no exception.
People with sleeping disorders can use this oil in different ways. For example, you can add a few drops of oil to body lotion or shampoo that you regularly use. The woody scent of the oil will keep you emotionally strong, relieves muscle aches, and improves your sleeping habits. Also, the oil has nourishing properties that improve the scalp’s health and moisturizes the body.
Plus, it is the best oil you can use as an indoor deodorizer. We used this product in a diffuser, and it efficiently removed all the bad odors creating a fresh and healthy breathing environment. What we loved most are its long-lasting effects. Unlike diluted or mixed essential oils, the fragrance of this oil lasts for up to 12 hours.
Edens Garden cedarwood essential oil is highly recommended to people facing sleeping disorders. Make this product a part of your daily life, and it will surely help you get rid of all the sleeping and emotional disorders. Plus, it is tested and proved safe to be used on skin and hair.
Cedarwood essential oil, due to its uncountable benefits, are trendy among the masses. Cedarwood oil has many applications in the skin, hair, nails, and other health-related issues. Also, they are used in aromatherapy and are found beneficial against harmful bacterias, germs, mold, and mildews. While buying cedarwood essential oils, you should keep a few things in mind to get the best product available. Here is a complete guide on how to buy the best cedarwood essential oil.
Types Of Oils
All the varieties of cedarwood share some basic properties and are best for the extraction of oil. However, these oils are used differently to address different problems. However, there are few types of Cedarwood oils you can find on the market.
Buy cedarwood atlas to deodorize and refresh the indoor environment. It is known for its amazing therapeutic effects and helps you get a sedative and soothing environment. You can add a few drops of Cedarwood Atlas oil to the humidifier or diffuser. It would also help you sleep well and cure sleeping disorders like insomnia.
This oil is known for its strong but sweet woody fragrance. It is widely used in fragrances and cosmetics. You can add this oil to homemade skin remedies like masks, homemade creams, and hair oils. The oil not only delivers its scent but also hydrates and nourishes the skin. You can also add a few drops of oil to the warm water for a refreshing bath. The oil can also be used to reduce the growth of molds and mildews in clothes.
It has a light woody scent that is ideal for people who love outdoorsy fragrances. This oil is known for its antibacterial and nourishing properties. This oil is best for oily skin and related issues like Acne Vulgaris. It helps to create balance in oil-producing glands in facial skin and scalp. Therefore it is used to treat both oily and dry skin.
Cedarwood Himalayan is quite different from others. It has a woody aroma that sometimes feels too sharp. The oil is ideal for massage and aromatherapy. The fragrance of oil helps with emotional health, relieves stress, muscle aches, and reduces negative thoughts. The oils are also found effective in treating serious sleeping disorders and depression.
There are many varieties of cedar trees found around the world. Cedar oil is extracted from the bark, needles, and berries of the tree. Cedar plants are cultivated on a large scale to extract the oil at a larger scale.
However, the oil extracted from naturally growing indigenous plants is valued for its nourishing properties and natural aroma. Therefore you should prefer the cedarwood oil extracted from naturally going indigenous species, not from artificially cultivated GM crops.
Testing and Certification
All the manufacturers claim their products to be 100 percent pure and free of synthetic components. However, most of the products are diluted with chemical fragrances, carrier oils, and other fillers. Only buy these products that have undergone third-party testing and are proven to be 100 percent pure. Additionally, you should only trust the products certified by the USDA (United States Department of Agriculture).
Safe and secure packaging is another important factor you should consider. You should look for oils packages in the USA to get pure and top-quality products. Cedar essential oils are glass bottled and come in different packings sizes between 30 to 150 ml. The packaging should also include a dropper so that you can use the oil in different applications. An eyedropper helps you add the right amount of drops and prevents oil waste.
Is there a difference between cedar oil and cedarwood oil?
Cedar oil and cedarwood oil are alternative names of the oil extracted from various cedarwood species found worldwide. The oil is known for its antiseptic, anti-fungal, nourishing, and therapeutic properties.
What essential oil smells good with cedarwood?
Lavender and Rosemary’s essential oils smell good with cedarwood. You can use these essential oils as deodorizers at home and add them to skincare products.
Can you put cedarwood oil directly on the skin?
Cedarwood oil can be used topically, but it is recommended to dilute the oil with a carrier oil like citrus or coconut oil. If you have sensitive or acne-prone skin, first, you should apply this oil to a small area of the skin.
Where do you put cedarwood oil for sleep?
Cedarwood oil has amazing sedative properties and helps you sleep well. You can take a warm bath by adding a few drops of oil to help you sleep. Also, you can add a few drops to the diffuser or the humidifier. Some people directly apply this oil on the pillow to cure insomnia.
Wrapping it Up
We can safely conclude that cedarwood essential oils are only useful when it is in its 100 percent pure and organic form. All the products listed above are packaged in the USA and tested for purity and quality.
Our top-three favorites on the list are:
Nexon Botanics Organic Cedarwood Essential Oil 30 ml for its USDA certification, analgesic properties, affordable price, and strong scent.
Cedarwood Essential Oil by Revive Essential Oils for its amazing sedative properties, third-party quality, and purity testing, and competitive price.
Edens Garden Cedarwood Atlas Essential Oil for its premium quality, long-lasting fragrance, indigenous source, and organic composition.
The pure and organic oils should be diluted before topical application. You can add carrier oils like coconut, citrus, and lavender oils to get the best consistency and nourishing properties.
If these weren’t enough, check out these essential oils from Amazon also:
- Certified Organic Cedarwood Oil - Cliganic organic essential oils are proudly USDA organic certified to ensure ultimate quality and integrity.
- 100% Pure, Single Ingredient Oil - Cliganic organic essential oils are a single-ingredient product. No synthetic additives, ever.
- Multipurpose Essential Oil – Cliganic essential oils are suitable for aromatherapy diffuser and have many other great uses and benefits.
- 3rd Party Tested for Purity - Each batch is being tested for purity by a 3rd Party Independent Lab.
- Non-GMO Certified, Vegan & Cruelty-Free - Free from additives, Cliganic aromatherapy oils are proudly non-gmo project verified, certified vegan and cruelty-free.
- Bulk 4oz Bottle of Cedarwood Oil - Amazing, fresh smelling Cedarwood essential oil at an incredible value.
- You'll Love the Smell - We know most customers use essential oil for aromatherapy or for their wonderful aroma. We tested 100s of samples to ensure every batch of Cedarwood oil smells amazing!
- Perfect for Aromatherapy and DIY Products - Add a few drops to your favorite essential oil diffuser, or add a few drops to homemade candles, soaps, lotions, or shampoos for a wonderful smelling homemade Cedarwood products.
- Sun Essentials Offers Cedarwood Oil in a Variety of Sizes - Get Cedarwood essential oil in 4 ounce, 8 ounce, and 16 ounce amber bottles. We also have a huge variety of scents and blends.
- American Based Company with Customer Service - All of our essential oils are in the United States, if you ever have any issues please contact our United States based customer service team for a full refund or replacement
- HIGH QUALITY CEDARWOOD ESSENTIAL OIL: 100% Pure, Gentle and Effective Natural Cedarwood Essential Oil. Without Any Toxins, No Additives, Unfiltered and Undiluted. Therapeutic Grade. Packaged in the USA.
- HIGH QUALITY CEDARWOOD ESSENTIAL OIL: 100% Pure, Gentle and Effective Natural Cedarwood Essential Oil. Without Any Toxins, No Additives, Unfiltered and Undiluted. Therapeutic Grade. Packaged in the USA.
- CLEANSE SKIN & REDUCE STRESS: Add to your moisturizer, toner, or use as a spot treatment to keep skin healthy, glowing, and blemish-free. Inhaling Cedarwood oil can help you stay calm in tense situations and reduce stress.
- BETTER THAN MOTHBALLS: Add cedarwood oil to a cotton ball and place it in storage areas or your closet to keep moths away naturally! It’s long-lasting, natural, and doesn’t release any toxic fumes!
- SAFETY PRECAUTION: For external use only. Recommended Essential Oil Safety is to dilute with a carrier oil before applying to your skin to minimize adverse reactions. We recommend that you patch test the oils for topical use. Dilute a small amount of the essential oil with a carrier oil of choice to clean skin on the inside of your elbow or wrist. Cover with a bandage and leave for 24 hours. If a rash or redness appears, discontinue use of product.
- Diffuse to create a relaxing environment.
- Add one to two drops to your facial toner or moisturizer to promote clear, healthy-looking skin.
- Place a drop on a cotton ball and put in closet to keep moths at bay.
- CALM YOUR SPIRIT AND MIND: The warm, earthy aroma of Cedarwood promotes a calm, relaxing environment that is good for the mind and spirit.
- BREATHE CLEAN & FRESH AIR: The scent of Cedarwood Oil adds a warm tone to any essential oil blends. Use it as a natural deodorizer to freshen the air around you along with its comforting scent.
- ADDITION TO YOUR SKINCARE REGIMEN: The oil of Cedarwood is one of the many essential oils for skin that can help soothe acne and balance natural skin oil. It ensures that sebum production is not too much or too little.
- BETTER HAIR HEALTH: Massaging diluted Cedarwood into your scalp helps soothe any irritated scalp. It promotes a clean, smooth environment for healthy and strong hair.
- SATISFACTION GUARANTEE: Healthy mind, happy customers! We offer a Satisfaction Guarantee. If you are unsatisfied with our Cedarwood essential oils, let us know and we will give you a FULL refund.
- QUALITY - VINEVIDA Essential Oil is Professional Therapeutic Grade Cedarwood (Himalayan) Essential Oil. This is a 100% Pure Cedarwood Oil Extract and is Undiluted Essential Oil.
- BULK ESSENTIAL OILS - Buy Essential Oil in Bulk and Save BIG! This Bulk Cedarwood Oil 32 Oz (2 Lbs) is Free of Harsh Chemicals Including Parabens, Sulfates, Phthalates and Cruelty Free.
- MULTIUSE - Our Cedarwood is Perfect for Essential Oil Diffuser Aromatherapy, DIY Soaps, Candles, Bath Bombs, Shampoos, Lotions, and More!
- ALUMINUM BOTTLE - Bulk Essential Oils in Amber Aluminum Bottles Maintain Essential Oil Aromatic and Therapeutic Properties. All Aluminum Bottles are BPA Free, Leak Proof, and Durable.
- CREDENTIALS - All VINEVIDA Essential Oils are GC/MS Tested for Purity, and Come Equipped With COA and MSDS. We Proudly Source Our Essential Oils from All Over the World!
- Premium Grade Cedarwood Essential Oil - 8oz bottle of the highest quality cedarwood oil. It’s premium grade, therapeutic grade, pure, and natural!
- Fresh Cedarwood Aroma - Enjoy the fresh soothing aroma of cedarwood essential oil. Perfect for any aromatherapy essential oil diffuser
- Perfect Essential Oil For 100s Of Uses - People have been using essential oils for centuries to help with ailments, calming, skin therapy, aromatherapy, and so much more!
- Bottled In The USA - Purchase with confidence, knowing our cedarwood essential oil is bottled right here in the United States. Our U.S. based customer service team is also available to help answer any question or handle any issues.
- Customer Satisfaction - Oil of Youth stands behind every product we sell, if for any reason you have any issues please contact us for a free replacement or refund.
- Huge 4 Ounce Bottle - Our Lavender oil Is bottled in a U/V resistant amber bottle
- Premium Quality Therapeutic Grade Lavender Oil (Packaging may slightly vary) - An absolutely beautiful aroma made from the highest quality Lavender
- Perfect For Your Aromatherapy Diffuser & More - Simply add a few drops to your favorite diffuser, or make an all-natural cleaner. It's also great for making lotions, creams, bath bombs, scrubs, candles, and so much more!
- Ola Prima Is The Leader In Aromatherapy Essential Oils - We offer the highest quality essential oils, every essential oil we offer is premium therapeutic grade
- Ola Prima Provides The Highest Quality Essential Oils - If you're not 100% satisfied with our oils, simply contact us for a full refund or replacement
- USDA CERTIFIED ORGANIC Cedarwood Essential Oil: ETHICALLY PRODUCED using methods that integrate cultural, biological, and mechanical practices that foster cycling of resources, promote ecological balance, and conserve biodiversity. NATURALLY PRODUCED without using pesticides, synthetic fertilizers, sewage sludge, irradiation, or genetic engineering.
- SAFE AND GOOD: GSMC and Microbial Tested. Bottled in USA. GMO-Free, Perservative-Free, Artificial-Ingredients-Free, Paraben-Free, Pesticide-Free, Gluten-Free, Vegan, Cruelty-Free, Kid-Safe (when diluted)
- CERTIFIED PURE THERAPEUTIC GRADE Essential Oil: No Additives, Fillers, Bases or Carriers added. Completely Undiluted.
- 100% NATURAL
- STEAM DISTILLED.