Ready for a luxurious spa experience at home? It’s time to break out your essential oils and create your own DIY lavender bath salts!
Whether you need some extra relaxation or are seeking some rejuvenation, this simple recipe will help you achieve the perfect spa day. With just a few ingredients, you’re ready to soak in a fragrant, rejuvenating bath that will leave you feeling refreshed and relaxed.
So grab your supplies and let’s get started!
Benefits of Lavender Bath Salts
Lavender bath salts provide numerous beneficial effects on both your mind and body. When you relax in a warm bath infused with lavender-infused bath salts, your muscles start to relax and your stress levels decrease. The therapeutic properties of the lavender oil help reduce tension and give you an overall calming sensation. Additionally, lavender is known for its antiseptic properties that make it an excellent choice for a cleansing agent. As it helps clear out dirt, bacteria, and other impurities from the skin’s surface, it leaves behind skin that is silky smooth to the touch.
Furthermore, choosing to make your own bath salts allows you to customize its scent in order to get the desired results. Lavender has sedative qualities that can soothe anxiety, eliminate negative thoughts, improve moods and promote relaxation when blended with specific aromas such as jasmine or neroli oil. Additionally, it has anti-inflammatory conditions that can reduce redness due to sun exposure or razor burn. Its calming effects also help relieve physical fatigue which helps maintain circulation stimulation needed for keeping energized throughout the day.
This step-by-step guide will show you how to make your very own lavender bath salts that are perfect for a luxurious spa experience at home. The combination of Epsom salts and lavender essential oil provides an incredibly soothing, calming, and relaxing experience. With this simple recipe, you too can have an amazing spa night right in the comfort of your own home.
-1 cup Epsom salts
-20 drops of lavender essential oil
-Optional: 1 teaspoon of dried lavender buds
-Measuring cup (preferably glass)
- Measure out one cup of Epsom salts into the small bowl and set aside.
- Add 20 drops of lavender essential oil to the bowl and stir it together until it’s completely blended with the salt mixture.
- Optionally add 1 teaspoon of dried lavender buds–this will add a gentle floral scent to the bath salt blend as well as make it look beautiful! Stir until it’s all mixed together in the bowl.
- Transfer the mixture into a container with a lid for storage (e.g., a Mason jar). To use, simply draw yourself a hot bath and add 2 or 3 tablespoons of lavender bath salts–relax and enjoy your homemade spa night!
Benefits of Aromatherapy
The therapeutic properties of aromatherapy have been known to ancient cultures for centuries, with various plants and their essential oils used for healing physical and mental ailments as well as promoting general wellbeing. Today, many of these products are available for consumers who wish to enjoy the benefits of this fragrant herb. Lavender essential oil is known for its calming and soothing effects and has been utilized in aromatherapy therapies designed to promote relaxation, reduce stress, and boost mood.
By incorporating a few drops of lavender essential oil into your own homemade DIY bath salt recipe, you can create your own relaxing spa experience at home and reap the many benefits associated with lavender aromatherapy such as:
- Improves sleep quality: Aromatherapy treatment with lavender has proven highly effective at bringing on deep restful sleep while reducing feelings of stress.
- Relieves stress & anxiety: The calming aroma of lavender helps to relax tense muscles while aiding in reducing feelings of nervousness and depression.
- Provides relief from inflammation & muscle pain: Lavender’s anti-inflammatory properties help soothe tension headaches, body aches, stomach cramps, menstrual cramps and other types of discomfort caused by inflammation.
- Reduces skin irritations: Due to its antiseptic qualities, using a saline solution made with lavender oil can help with the healing process from cuts or minor skin irritations such as hives or insect bites.
- Stimulates immune system: The antioxidant protection provided by this fragrant herb can help boost immunity against colds/flu viruses and reduce fatigue.
Tips for the Best Results
Making your own bath salts is a rewarding experience, not just because it smells great, but also because it has many therapeutic benefits. If you want to get the most out of this relaxing and rejuvenating spa experience, here are some tips for the best results:
-Choose lavender essential oil carefully: Choose a quality mix of oil that is pure and unadulterated. All pure essential oils come with an expiration date, so make sure that you buy one that still has enough shelf life.
-Measure ingredients accurately: Follow the instructions in your recipe carefully and accurately measure out each ingredient to ensure that your finished product will be perfect.
-Store your salts correctly: After preparing your batch of bath salts, store it in an airtight container, away from direct sunlight or heat. Since lavender essential oils can degrade when exposed to light or heat, this will help keep your bath salts at their freshest for as long as possible.
-Customize with extra ingredients: If you want to give extra healing benefits to your bath salt mix, try adding some finely ground oatmeal or dried calendula flowers for extra skin care properties.
-Check compatibility: Always check that all ingredients are compatible before mixing them together– be wary of using any mixture that could discolor or stain the tub due to an inappropriate combination of ingredients.
By taking the time to create your own lavender and epsom salt bath soak, you can enjoy a relaxing spa-like experience and experience the combined therapeutic benefits of both ingredients. Lavender oil is known to have a calming and sedative effect on both the mind and body, while epsom salt can soothe muscle pain and improve sleep quality.
Regardless of which measurements and ratios you decide to use, both of these natural ingredients are sure to provide you with a spa-like experience. Lastly, don’t forget that this lavender bath salts recipe makes for a wonderful gift idea for friends or family members!